Senior Threat Intelligence Research Engineer
Designed by analysts but built for the entire team (security operations, threat intelligence, incident response and security leadership), ThreatConnect’s intelligence-driven security operations platform is the only solution available today with intelligence, automation, analytics, and workflows in a single platform. Centralize your intelligence, establish process consistency, scale operations, and measure your effectiveness in one place. To learn more about our threat intelligence platform (TIP) or security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) solutions, visit ThreatConnect.com.
The ThreatConnect Research Team is a group of researchers and engineers dedicated to creating actionable intelligence by identifying and exploiting attack patterns related to nation-state, criminal, and ideological cyber threats.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong development and security background to:
- Collaborate with researchers to develop automation of analytic techniques and other processes.
- Manage day-to-day threat intelligence collection systems.
- Design and build prototype collection systems.
- Deliver feature requirements and proof of concepts in support of product management.
- Maintain and optimize data sets related to threat intelligence and the ThreatConnect data model.
- Engage users through best practices workshops, trainings, and other services.
- Travel to customers, partners, and industry conferences as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or work-related discipline from an accredited college or university. Equivalent experience considered.
- 5+ years of experience developing security tools and/or automation.
- Experience supporting security operations, Computer Emergency Response Teams, or conducting investigative analysis and research.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) with an ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical and executive audiences.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other business units such as sales, marketing, product management & engineering.
- The ability to quickly adapt and overcome adversity and challenges.
- Customer-focused mindset, with demonstrated ability to provide proactive status updates and deliver high-quality products.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on a geographically distributed and diverse team.
- Experience developing or integrating threat intelligence data feeds.
- Proficiency in the development of REST API tools.
- Experience with project management systems such as JIRA, Aha, etc.
- Work experience with malware analysis or general software reverse engineering.
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation/sick, time
- Your birthday off
- Employee recognition program with quarterly awards
- Employee referral program
- Military leave options available
- Education reimbursement program for job-related college courses and professional training
- Company-provided refreshments at our headquarters
- Quarterly events with your geographic team
- Annual company party
- MEDICAL PREMIUM FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES ARE 100% COVERED
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Company-paid short term and long term disability
- Company-paid insurance and AD&D coverage
- 401K retirement savings plan with company matching program up to 6%
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent care, transit and parking)
- Cell phone stipend