ThreatConnect, Inc. is the leading provider of advanced threat intelligence products and services including the most comprehensive Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP) on the market. ThreatConnect delivers a single platform in the cloud and on-premises to effectively aggregate, analyze, and act to counter sophisticated cyber-attacks. Leveraging advanced analytics capabilities ThreatConnect offers a superior understanding of relevant cyber threats to business operations.
We offer a competitive benefits package with comprehensive insurance coverage, paid time off, and unique perks designed to help you meet your financial and personal goals.
We are committed to offering an employment experience and benefits package that enables you and your family to grow with us and to share in our success. We love to recognize our employees who have gone above and beyond, and offer incentives like quarterly awards, an employee bonus and referral program, and team-building outings.
The Controller provides information, primarily financial in nature, about all Company activities to assist management, board members and other authorized parties in making educated economic decisions about the Company's operations and future.
The Controller is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Controller will be an integral part of the team and assist in properly allocating the workload and ensuring it is completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, financial planning and analysis, year end audit preparation and the support for special projects. The right candidate will have full responsibility for all financial related activities across the organization, including policies and procedure enhancement, monthly review and analysis of the actual results and close meetings with management. ThreatConnect is currently using NetSuite, and knowledge of NetSuite or other advanced accounting systems is required.
- Processes all financial records for corporate office and entities, if applicable.
- Maintain systems and controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the Company's value, creating systems where needed.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Supervise staff across all areas of responsibility.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Assure corporate income tax compliance to ensure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Assists with coordination and implementation of strategic plan.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in the daily banking requirements.
- Improve and monitor the vendor payment process.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Other managerial and financial duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as a Financial Controller
- 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Proficient in the use of NetSuite or other advanced accounting systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation/sick, time
- Your birthday off
- Employee recognition program with quarterly awards
- Employee referral program
- Military leave options available
- Education reimbursement program for job-related college courses and professional training
- Company-provided refreshments at our headquarters
- Quarterly events with your geographic team
- Annual company party
- MEDICAL PREMIUM FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES ARE 100% COVERED
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Company-paid short term and long term disability
- Company-paid insurance and AD&D coverage
- 401K retirement savings plan with company matching program up to 6%
- Health Savings Account
- Cell phone stipend