Cyber Security Engineer
ThreatConnect® arms organizations with a powerful defense against cyber threats and the confidence to make strategic business decisions. Founded in 2011, ThreatConnect (then called CyberSquared) started servicing government agencies on specialized cybersecurity contracts while building its platform. Officially launched in 2013, the ThreatConnect Platform has grown to more than 20,000 users worldwide. Today, ThreatConnect provides a suite of products designed to meet the threat intelligence aggregation, analysis and automation needs of security teams at any maturity level - built on the industry's only intelligence-driven, extensible security platform. Whether you want to work on building a world-class security platform or as a member of the services team, you will enjoy a career that truly makes an impact. For more information on the benefits of working at ThreatConnect, visit www.threatconnect.com/careers
This position is a challenging and fast-paced position with hands on use of Cyber Defense Tools and Capabilities in a global intelligence enterprise. You will apply sound security architecture and engineering principles for the development, direction, and implementation of enterprise network cyber defense capabilities to prevent sophisticated cyber threats and vulnerabilities, or detection of them when prevention fails.
1. Maintain, Configure and Troubleshoot Cyber Defense Systems such as Palo Alto Firewalls, APCON, FireEye, Linux based servers and appliances, Client\Server
technologies, Splunk, or Arcsight.
2. Demonstrate and apply understanding of the following: 80/443 web content filters/proxies, email security capabilities, IDS, IPS, SIEM, DNS security practices, advanced
log analysis, network monitoring, network flow analysis, packet capture analysis, network proxies, firewalls, anti-virus capabilities, Linux/UNIX command line, and access
3. Ability to write signatures for detection systems, such as SNORT and McAfee Intrushield a plus.
4. Communicate with customers and teammates clearly and concisely.
5. Create programmatic documentation, standard operating procedures and granular process checklists.
6. Conduct special projects by request in support of defining and designing system architectures for new or existing CND systems.
7. Participate in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
8. Provide input for documentation on new or existing systems.
9. Develop and test systems to ensure they meet documented user requirements.
10. Identify, analyze, and resolve problems.
11. Provide peer training and technical guidance.
12. Maintain current knowledge of relevant CND technology.
- B.S. Comp Science, related degree, or equivalent experience
- Certifications Desired: CISSP, CCNA, Network+, Linux+
- Maintain DoD 8570.01M Standards
- Top Secret/SCI clearance and willing to take a polygraph.
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation/sick, time
- Your birthday off
- Employee recognition program with quarterly awards
- Employee referral program
- Military leave options available
- Education reimbursement program for job-related college courses and professional training
- Company-provided refreshments at our headquarters
- Quarterly events with your geographic team
- Annual company party
- MEDICAL PREMIUM FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES ARE 100% COVERED
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Company-paid short term and long term disability
- Company-paid insurance and AD&D coverage
- 401K retirement savings plan with company matching program up to 6%
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent care, transit and parking)
- Cell phone stipend