Cyber Security Engineer
ThreatConnect® arms organizations with a powerful defense against cyber threats and the confidence to make strategic business decisions. Founded in 2011, ThreatConnect (then called CyberSquared) started servicing government agencies on specialized cybersecurity contracts while building its platform. Officially launched in 2013, the ThreatConnect Platform has grown to more than 20,000 users worldwide. Today, ThreatConnect provides a suite of products designed to meet the threat intelligence aggregation, analysis and automation needs of security teams at any maturity level - built on the industry's only intelligence-driven, extensible security platform. Whether you want to work on building a world-class security platform or as a member of the services team, you will enjoy a career that truly makes an impact. For more information on the benefits of working at ThreatConnect, visit www.threatconnect.com/careers
This position is a challenging and fast-paced position with hands on use of Cyber Defense Tools and Capabilities in a global intelligence enterprise. You will apply sound security architecture and engineering principles for the development, direction, and implementation of enterprise network cyber defense capabilities to prevent sophisticated cyber threats and vulnerabilities, or detection of them when prevention fails.
1. Maintain, Configure and Troubleshoot Cyber Defense Systems such as Palo Alto Firewalls, APCON, FireEye, Linux based servers and appliances, Client\Server
technologies, Splunk, or Arcsight.
2. Demonstrate and apply understanding of the following: 80/443 web content filters/proxies, email security capabilities, IDS, IPS, SIEM, DNS security practices, advanced
log analysis, network monitoring, network flow analysis, packet capture analysis, network proxies, firewalls, anti-virus capabilities, Linux/UNIX command line, and access
3. Ability to write signatures for detection systems, such as SNORT and McAfee Intrushield a plus.
4. Communicate with customers and teammates clearly and concisely.
5. Create programmatic documentation, standard operating procedures and granular process checklists.
6. Conduct special projects by request in support of defining and designing system architectures for new or existing CND systems.
7. Participate in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
8. Provide input for documentation on new or existing systems.
9. Develop and test systems to ensure they meet documented user requirements.
10. Identify, analyze, and resolve problems.
11. Provide peer training and technical guidance.
12. Maintain current knowledge of relevant CND technology.
- B.S. Comp Science, related degree, or equivalent experience
- Certifications Desired: CISSP, CCNA, Network+, Linux+
- Maintain DoD 8570.01M Standards
- Top Secret/SCI clearance and willing to take a polygraph.
We work hard to reward our employees for their hard work. We offer a competitive benefits package with comprehensive insurance coverage, paid time off, and unique perks designed to help you meet your financial and personal goals.
We are committed to offering an employment experience and benefits package that enables you and your family to grow with us and to share in our success. We love to recognize our employees who have gone above and beyond, and offer incentives like quarterly awards, an employee bonus and referral program, and team-building outings.
Full-time employees are eligible for health coverage effective from the first of the next month hired. The premiums are at no cost to the employee. We pay your premiums for individuals and families!
- Medical coverage
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Company-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Company-paid life insurance and AD&D coverage
401K retirement savings plan with company matching program of up to 6%.
Cell phone reimbursement
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation/sick time and holidays. 15 days (3 weeks) for new employees with the ability to accrue up to 25 days (5 weeks)
- Birthday day off
- Employee recognition program with quarterly awards
- Employee referral program of up to $5,000 per full-time hired referral
- Education Reimbursement program up to $5,250 for job-related college courses and professional training
- Company-provided refreshments at our Headquarters
- Quarterly events with your geographic team
- Annual company party