Senior Data Scientist
Designed by analysts but built for the entire team (security operations, threat intelligence, incident response and security leadership), ThreatConnect’s intelligence-driven security operations platform is the only solution available today with intelligence, automation, analytics, and workflows in a single platform. With ThreatConnect, organizations can centralize their intelligence, establish process consistency, scale operations, and measure their effectiveness in one place. To learn more about our threat intelligence platform (TIP) or security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) solutions, visit ThreatConnect.com.
We’re analysts first. We know what it takes to work at the front lines of cyber defense. We know that we’re stronger together than we are apart. And, we’re strategic business thinkers. Since 2011, we’ve led the threat intelligence revolution, building the industry’s most comprehensive threat intelligence platform along with its largest trusted cybersecurity community.
Our ideal team member will have a passion for security analytics and have experience applying statistical and machine learning techniques across a broad set of problems. We are seeking motivated developers and analysts who can positively answer the following:
- Do you think of yourself as a scientist? Are you excited at the prospect of developing, articulating, and testing a hypothesis? Can you explain the results in a compelling fashion to both technical and non-technical audiences?
- Do you have the ability to prototype solutions within a distributed computing architecture?
- Do you want to work in a fast, growing, dynamic start-up environment?
- Do you like the idea of defining and pursuing a shared vision with other security and engineering enthusiasts?
We are headquartered in Arlington, VA and maintain a tight collaborative environment across the “locals” and many remote teams. Location in the Northern VA/MD/DC area is desired, but remote work within the United States for the right candidate will be possible.
- Collaborate with threat intelligence analysts, users, and stakeholders to define requirements and specifications for accessing and making use of data
- Collaborate with intelligence research and product management teams to identify new sources of data to drive discovery, analysis, and recommendation capabilities
- Evaluate options for data management infrastructure and tools, design comparison tests, prototype as needed, advise on build/buy decisions
- Develop, test, and apply optimized algorithms and statistical models for discovering new threat intelligence data, minimizing false positives, and recommending courses of action for internal and external stakeholders
- Leverage dynamic feedback from customer users and integrated devices for implementing appropriate workflows within the ThreatConnect platform
- Interface regularly with threat researchers to identify new ways to capture and leverage meaningful context and relationships across disparate data sets
- Work directly with product management, engineering, QA, and related team leads to ensure timely completion of products in conjunction with product roadmaps
- Other tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- At least 2 years of experience as a Data Scientist/Modeler/Research Analyst in areas of threat intelligence, network security, probability, etc. dealing with large data sets
- Proficiency in Python or similar scripting languages
- Proficiency with Structured Query Languages (SQL)
- Experience with Map Reduce, Spark, Pig, or other distributed programming
- Must possess strong written and verbal communications skills
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation/sick, time
- Your birthday off
- Employee recognition program with quarterly awards
- Employee referral program
- Military leave options available
- Education reimbursement program for job-related college courses and professional training
- Company-provided refreshments at our headquarters
- Quarterly events with your geographic team
- Annual company party
- MEDICAL PREMIUM FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES ARE 100% COVERED
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Company-paid short term and long term disability
- Company-paid insurance and AD&D coverage
- 401K retirement savings plan with company matching program up to 6%
- Health Savings Account
- Cell phone stipend