Software Quality Assurance Director
Designed by analysts but built for the entire team (security operations, threat intelligence, incident response and security leadership), ThreatConnect’s intelligence-driven security operations platform is the only solution available today with intelligence, automation, analytics, and workflows in a single platform. Centralize your intelligence, establish process consistency, scale operations, and measure your effectiveness in one place. To learn more about our threat intelligence platform (TIP) or security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) solutions, visit ThreatConnect.com.
We offer a competitive benefits package with comprehensive insurance coverage, paid time off, and unique perks designed to help you meet your financial and personal goals.
We are committed to offering an employment experience and benefits package that enables you and your family to grow with us and to share in our success. We love to recognize our employees who have gone above and beyond, and offer incentives like quarterly awards, an employee bonus and referral program, and team-building outings.
We are in search of a Software Quality Assurance Director to become an integral part of our growing Software Engineering team.
This person directs and oversees the implementation of policies and procedures for the software quality assurance function. Work with the Engineering team to develop and execute QA strategies to meet and exceed company and client quality goals. Monitoring of QA activities, including test results, leaked defects, providing root cause analysis and identifying areas of improvement for the project and QA team. Implement steps required to improve the processes. Evaluates and monitors tools, methodologies, and automation to ensure effective testing and identification of defects. Oversees user acceptance, alpha and beta testing efforts. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from business operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
- Leverage your understanding of QA methodologies and best practices to author, implement and execute testing policy and process.
- Guide, define, document and manage quality assurance across the organization.
- Work closely with software developers to perform all levels of testing, as well as be an integral part of solving complex system level challenges.
- Lead, mentor and manage a group of test engineers.
- Collaborate across teams to understand how our customers use our software and build a comprehensive set of test plans and test strategies.
- Design and systematize QA metrics, processes, tools and test cases.
- Advocate for and implement automation capabilities throughout the entire software development life cycle including, functional, performance, scale and stress.
- Asses risk and use industry best practices for releasing software to customers.
- Develop mechanisms for collecting, interpreting, tracking and reporting on test execution and quality metrics.
- Working knowledge of test automation (using Selenium or other UI Automation frameworks) including development of data seeding, mocking, stubbing, scripting, and other techniques.
- Working knowledge of building out Automation Frameworks, knowledge of automation best practices; 2 or more years as a Director.
- Working knowledge of performance testing and benchmarking.
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum.
- Prior experience leading and managing a team of global software quality engineers with a track record of successfully validating and delivering high quality products.
- In-depth understanding of industry-leading QA tools, techniques, and platforms.
- Knowledge of unit testing, automation testing, regression testing, end-to-end testing, etc.
- Hands on experience working in a CI/CD environment.
- B.S. Computer Science or related degree
- 10+ years quality assurance/test experience required
- 4+ years of management experience required
- Understanding of and experience with all aspects of the software development life cycle
- A deep understanding of defect reporting, version control, and configuration management best practices, along with different testing phase best practices and objectives (functional, system integration, UAT, performance)
- Comfortable with REST APIs and SQL databases
- Previous experience installing and testing applications within a Linux environment
- Knowledge and understanding of threat intelligence analysis is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) for vacation/sick, time
- Your birthday off
- Employee recognition program with quarterly awards
- Employee referral program
- Military leave options available
- Education reimbursement program for job-related college courses and professional training
- Company-provided refreshments at our headquarters
- Quarterly events with your geographic team
- Annual company party
- MEDICAL PREMIUM FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES ARE 100% COVERED
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Company-paid short term and long term disability
- Company-paid insurance and AD&D coverage
- 401K retirement savings plan with company matching program up to 6%
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent care, transit and parking)
- Cell phone stipend